Dairy Matzoh Lasagna
This easy, delicious dish can be made in the most "bare bones"
Passover kitchen. It requires no fancy utensils or measures. You can
even use a disposable pan!
- 1-14 or 15 oz. jar/can of tomato sauce
- 3 whole full-size matzohs (slightly wet but not falling apart)
- 1-8 oz. container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1-10 oz. box frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and drained well)
- 1-8 oz. package shredded low-fat mozzarella
- 6 large fresh shitake mushrooms (stems removed)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Lightly coat an 8" square pan (a disposable pan is fine) with 2
tablespoons of tomato sauce
- Place 1 matzoh in the pan. Top with 1/2 cottage cheese, all of
the chopped spinach, 1/3 remaining tomato sauce, and 1/3 of
- Cover with a second matzoh, remaining cottage cheese, the
shitake mushrooms, 1/2 remaining tomato sauce, and 1/2 of
- Top with third matzoh, remaining tomato sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and
bake an additional 15 minutes.
Yield: Serves 4
Karen Radkowsky, New York, NY