This is a family favorite!!!!
1) In a large sauce pan, place prunes and meat with enough water to cover, add salt and pepper and bring
to a boil, reduce and let simmer gently uncovered for about one hour until the meat is tender.
- 1 lb of large pitted prunes
- 1 ½ of lean boneless beef flanken
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp of ground black pepper
- 5-6 medium sweet potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 cup of honey
- juice of one lemon
2) Add the sweet potatoes and continue to simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
3) Place the entire contents into a 2 ½ qt casserole, but keep the juice in the sauce pan.
4) Stir the honey and lemon into the juice, simmer for a minute or two until its all desolved and then pour it over the meat into the casserole.
5) Bake in the casserole for about 20 more minutes until all the ingredients are very tender but all holding their shape.
Cantor Gabrielle Clissold, Coral Gables, FL